In the pelletizing process, in many cases the pellet cutting operation occurs underwater- in particular with the USG strand pelletizing and SPHERO underwater pelletizing systems. For these applications, Lunarmech has developed the following types of pellet dryers.
- AERO impact dryers
- CENTRO centrifugal dryers
PRINCIPLE OF PELLET DRYING
The drying operation as part of the pelletizing process consists of 3 individual steps
- Pre-dewatering: up to 95% of process water is removed by gravitational force
- Primary drying: water drops adhering to the pellets are largely removed through airflow or mechanical movement
- Final drying: The residual heat of the pellets is used to evaporate the remaining surface moisture
THE Lunarmech ADVANTAGE
- Impartial advice on the optimal drying solution as per customer needs
- All machine parts coming into contact with the product are corrosion resistant
- Wide range of operating capacities from small quantities up to 22000 kg/hr.
- For virgin polymers and compounds; cylindrical and spherical pellets; products with any fillers or reinforcements; standard size and micro pellets
For more information on our Dryers, contact us now to speak to one of our technical consultants.